Surpassing all my expectations, Harry Potter(e-book) is out 3 days before the official release. The only disappointment about the book is that it never betrays the expectations and predictions of die hard fans. Was really pleased to see that most of the predictions of mine coming true. [Read my predictions - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows].
- Snape is not evil. In fact Snape lived near to Lily Potter and loved her dearly.[Snape was the one who informed Lily Potter, a muggle born that she is a wizard. Until the day Snape called her 'Mudblood', there existed a very warm friendship between two of them.]
- As predicted, R.A.B. is Regulus Black
- No 'Gandolf' Business. Dumbledore & Sirius Black are dead.[The book portrays death as not a very bad thing. Rowling heavily borrows from the Christian notion of resurrection and the wisdom of accepting our own inevitable disintegration and decay.]
- Dumbledore's Biography is given the maximum coverage.
- Harry is infact a Horocrux i.e. He carries a part of soul of Lord Voldermort making him the senventh horocrux. Though Voldermort never realizes that.
- Deathly Hallows - Elder Wand + Resurrection Stone + Invisibility Cloak
- Elder Wand - A Wand nobody could defeat(Incidentally Dumbledore possessed it]
- Resurrection Stone - Gaunt's Ring
- Invisibility Cloak - We all know who has it
- The final battle between Order of the Phoenix & Death Eaters take place at Hogwarts. Harry Potter did not kill Voldermort. Voldermort's killing curse rebounds killing him this time... for ever.
- Neville LongBottom becomes the Professor at Hogwarts from Harry Potter's Batch... [Hope the subject he would be teaching is not hard to guess]
- Lots of killings in the book that u would lose count who dies and who lives at the end
- Epilogue ends with Harry-Ginny, Ron-Hermione and Malfoy's children going to Hogwarts[The one chapter that J.K. Rowling said that she has wrote in the beginning itself]
The first half is too good. Especially J.K. Rowling using nuggets of information that she has mentioned long before in other books to carry the story along.. [e.g. the wand maker of Krum - Gregorovitch]
Worst of the Book:
The second half is pretty ordinary and goes along the expected lines. As I went near the climax, i start even doubting that J.K. Rowling could have written that. For all we know, J.K. Rowling could have visited a few fansites and wrote the second half of the book. [Yeah.. knowing the most of the stuff before we read the book, kills the fun... ]
But thinking back, there is no better way that Rowling could have ended the book. Realized it on reading - "An inevitable ending to Harry Potter Series - Baltimore Sun".